Hemp Seed (Cannabis Sativa)
Hemp seeds are the seeds of the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa.
Hemp seeds are the seeds of the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa. These small, brown seeds are rich in protein, fibre, and healthful fatty acids, including omega-3s and omega-6s. They have antioxidant effects and may reduce symptoms of numerous ailments, improving the health of the heart, skin, and joints. These seeds are a great source of vitamin E and minerals, such as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc . Thanks to their rich essential fatty acids content, research shows that ingesting hemp seed oil improves the symptoms of atopic dermatitis . Dietary intake of hempseed has shown to improve cardiac health especially in persons with high levels of cholesterol , , . It has also helped in reducing post ovariectomy complications in animal models . Hempseed extract is a potential source of natural antioxidants, which could be added to dietary Hempseed Essential Oil - EFA'S - Psoriasis Oil - Natural cholesterol remedies to help prevent oxidative stress .
Hempseed Essential Oil - EFA'S - Psoriasis Oil - Natural cholesterol remedies
#rich in nutrients #improve cardiac healthâ€™ lower cholesterol #antioxidants #omega-3s &6s # reducing post ovariectomy (ovary removal surgery) # eczema (atopic dermatitis)
References from Research papers:
- Mihoc, M., Pop, G., Alexa, E., & Radulov, I. (2012). Nutritive quality of romanian hemp varieties (Cannabis sativa L.) with special focus on oil and metal contents of seeds. Chemistry Central Journal, 6, 122. http://doi.org/10.1186/1752-153X-6-122
2. Callaway J, Schwab U, Harvima I, Halonen P, MykkÃ¤nen O, HyvÃ¶nen P, JÃ¤rvinen T. Efficacy of dietary hempseed oil in patients with atopic dermatitis. J Dermatolog Treat. 2005 Apr;16(2):87-94. PubMed PMID: 16019622.
3. Prociuk, M., Edel, A., Gavel, N., Deniset, J., Ganguly, R., Austria, J., â€¦ Pierce, G. (2006). The effects of dietary hempseed on cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury in hypercholesterolemic rabbits. Experimental & Clinical Cardiology, 11(3), 198â€“205.
4. Al-Khalifa A, Maddaford TG, Chahine MN, Austria JA, Edel AL, Richard MN, Ander BP, Gavel N, Kopilas M, Ganguly R, Ganguly PK, Pierce GN. Effect of dietary hempseed intake on cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007 Mar;292(3):R1198-203. Epub 2006 Nov 22. PubMed PMID: 17122327.
5. Lee, M. J., Park, S. H., Han, J. H., Hong, Y. K., Hwang, S., Lee, S., â€¦ Cho, K. S. (2011). The Effects of Hempseed Meal Intake and Linoleic Acid on Drosophila Models of Neurodegenerative Diseases and Hypercholesterolemia. Molecules and Cells, 31(4), 337â€“342. http://doi.org/10.1007/s10059-011-0042-6
6. Saberivand A, Karimi I, Becker LA, Moghaddam A, Azizi-Mahmoodjigh S, Yousefi M, Zavareh S. The effects of Cannabis sativa L. seed (hempseed) in the ovariectomized rat model of menopause. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2010 Sep;32(7):467-73. doi: 10.1358/mf.2010.32.7.1487085. PubMed PMID: 21069097.
7. Chen T, He J, Zhang J, Li X, Zhang H, Hao J, Li L. The isolation and identification of two compounds with predominant radical scavenging activity in hempseed (seed of Cannabis sativa L.). Food Chem. 2012 Sep 15;134(2):1030-7. doi:10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.03.009. Epub 2012 Mar 12. PubMed PMID: 23107724.