Useful properties : #Antioxidants #antidiabetic #cholesterol control #antimicrobial #PCOS #cognition #insomnia #improves memory #musculoskeleton pain # Mouthwash Application:
-Use in bath water - Add few drops in a glass of water to clean cuts and wounds. - Add few drops in a water bottle to use as mouthwash. - Use in diffuser for clean and bacteria free air in the room. - Apply on open cuts. Traditionally can also be used a a drop for flavouring food and drinks This oil can be used on Equines, Canines & Felines .
Spearmint or Mentha spicata is a pleasant-smelling species of mint found in health-food products, toothpastes, mouthwashes, and cosmetics. It is often used in medicine for its therapeutic properties. It is packed with numerous health benefiting vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients , . Spearmint oil is a natural analgesic and reduces musculoskeleton pain . It has also exerted antidiabetic effects and lowered cholesterol levels during trials with animal models , . The extract is a potent antimicrobial agent and its incorporation in diet results in lower incidence of yeast and bacterial infections, spoilage of foods, etc , . Spearmint has also showed impressive indications in lowering down testosterone levels and thus the symptoms of PCOS . It also improves cognition by reducing anxiety, insomnia  and improving memory when consumed in right amounts .
Reference from Research papers:
- Hu Z, Wang C, Shen H, Zhang K, Leng P. Antioxidant effect of aromatic volatiles emitted by Lavandula dentata, Mentha spicata, and M. piperita on mouse subjected to low oxygen condition. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017 Dec;81(12):2386-2395. doi: 10.1080/09168451.2017.1385382. Epub 2017 Oct 13.PubMed PMID: 29027503.
2. A. Al-Tamimi, M., Rastall, B., & M. Abu-Reidah, I. (2016). Chemical Composition, Cytotoxic, Apoptotic and Antioxidant Activities of Main Commercial Essential Oils in Palestine: A Comparative Study. Medicines, 3(4), 27. http://doi.org/10.3390/medicines3040027
3. Mahboubi M. Mentha spicata as natural analgesia for treatment of pain in osteoarthritis patients. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2017 Feb;26:1-4. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2016.11.001. Epub 2016 Nov 2. Review. PubMed PMID: 28107842.
4. Bayani, M., Ahmadi-hamedani, M., & Jebelli Javan, A. (2017). Study of Hypoglycemic, Hypocholesterolemic and Antioxidant Activities of Iranian Mentha Spicata Leaves Aqueous Extract in Diabetic Rats. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research : IJPR, 16(Suppl), 75–82.
5. Farid O, El Haidani A, Eddouks M. Antidiabetic Effect of Spearmint in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2018;18(6):581-589. doi: 10.2174/1871530318666180517101708. PubMed PMID:29769013.
6. Bardaweel, S. K., Bakchiche, B., ALSalamat, H. A., Rezzoug, M., Gherib, A., & Flamini, G. (2018). Chemical composition, antioxidant, antimicrobial and Antiproliferative activities of essential oil of Mentha spicata L. (Lamiaceae) from Algerian Saharan atlas. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 18, 201. http://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-018-2274-x
7. Da Cruz Almeida, E. T., de Medeiros Barbosa, I., Tavares, J. F., Barbosa-Filho, J. M., Magnani, M., & de Souza, E. L. (2018). Inactivation of Spoilage Yeasts by Mentha spicata L. and M. × villosa Huds. Essential Oils in Cashew, Guava, Mango, and Pineapple Juices. Frontiers in Microbiology, 9, 1111. http://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2018.01111Test
8. Sadeghi Ataabadi, M., Alaee, S., Bagheri, M. J., & Bahmanpoor, S. (2017). Role of Essential Oil of Mentha Spicata (Spearmint) in Addressing Reverse Hormonal and Folliculogenesis Disturbances in a Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in a Rat Model. Advanced Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 7(4), 651–654. http://doi.org/10.15171/apb.2017.078
9. Caro, D. C., Rivera, D. E., Ocampo, Y., Franco, L. A., & Salas, R. D. (2018). Pharmacological Evaluation of Mentha spicata L. and Plantago major L., Medicinal Plants Used to Treat Anxiety and Insomnia in Colombian Caribbean Coast. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine : eCAM, 2018, 5921514. http://doi.org/10.1155/2018/5921514
10. Herrlinger, K. A., Nieman, K. M., Sanoshy, K. D., Fonseca, B. A., Lasrado, J. A., Schild, A. L., … Ceddia, M. A. (2018). Spearmint Extract Improves Working Memory in Men and Women with Age-Associated Memory Impairment. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 24(1), 37–47. http://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2016.0379
100% Spearmint - steam distilled Oil
I have used this product and I am completely satisfied