Isabgol (Psyllium herb)
It has a variety of benefits including:
- Cures constipation
- Reduces cholesterol
- Aids in weight loss
- Relieves diarrhea
- Boosts digestion
- Cures acidity
- Regulates blood sugar
How to grow?
Isabgol yield depends on variety, climate, soil and other crop management practices. It is a winter crop and needs cold and dry weather during growth period and its sowing season starts from November and December. Some farmers believe the first week of December is ideal for seeding.
The isabgol crop is very sensitive to extreme weather. Even dew, rainfall or frost can cause loss of yield. The cloudy weather is also very harmful to the seed formation. The ideal temperature for its cultivation is 20-30 degree Celsius.
- Keto pizza:
2 large Eggs
2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
Salt to Taste
2 tsp. Frying Oil
1.5 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
3 tbsp. Rao’s Tomato Sauce
1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Basil
- Measure out all dry ingredients into a bowl or container that can fit your immersion blender.
- Add 2 eggs and mix everything together using your immersion blender. Make sure you continue blending for about 30 seconds, allowing the psyllium husk to absorb some of the liquid.
- Heat 2 tsp. frying oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once very hot, spoon your mixture into the pan and spread out into a circle shape.
- Once the edges have started to set and look slightly brown, flip the pizza crust. You can optionally transfer it to a plate and flip from there. Turn the broiler on high in the oven.
- Cook on the opposite side for 30-60 seconds, then turn the stove off. Spoon 3 tbsp.
- Add cheese, then put pizza into the oven to broil. Leave a crack open in the oven so you can keep an eye on it. Once it’s bubbling, remove it from the oven.
- Serve with some freshly chopped basil over the top!
- Psyllium Husk Pancake / Wrap
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
2 heaping tsp psyllium husk powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
5 drops liquid stevia
1/8 tsp salt
Mix everything together & pour into a hot pan. Flip when top starts getting less runny.
Use some coconut oil, olive oil, or butter to keep from sticking.
- Low Carb Baked Broccoli Tots
2 cups Broccoli florets
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Psyllium husk (isabgol)
1 tbsp Hung Curd
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
2 tbsp Fresh Coriander
1/2 tsp Pepper powder
3/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 190'C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes. Then remove and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix in all the ingredients.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of the mixture, roll it in your hands before pressing down on the top and bottom of the ball while pressing it on the sides and rotating to form a "tot" shape.
- Place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-20 minutes, turning half way.