Aloe Vera Recipes
Aloe Vera Recipes
Aloe vera, also called as "wonder plant”
Benefits of aloe vera:-
- Has antioxidant and antibacterial
- Improves digestion and thus reduces
- Lowers blood sugar
- Helps in treating canker sores or mouth ulcers
- Reduces dental plaque
- Accelerates the healing of burns, wounds
- Slows down skin aging and prevent wrinkles
- Prevents the hair loss
- Boosts the immune system
How to grow aloe vera at home
It is easy to grow. It is propagated by detaching younger clone plant from the base of the adult plant.
Since aloe vera have short roots and heavy leaves so it is moved to heavier pot when it becomes top heavy.
Plant prefers 8-10 hours of sunlight in a day. But can also survive in cold conditions in dormant state.
It requires well draining soil. It is adapted for survival in dry conditions but rot in standing water.
1. Poached aloe
1 cup sugar,2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 lime),2 large aloe leaves (about 1 pound)
Because the aloe is very slippery it is hard to peel, but it's important that you get all the fiberous green peel off the aloe as it is tough and bitter. Chop the aloe into small cubes and add to a small saucepan along with the sugar and lime juice.
Cook the aloe over medium low heat until the liquid is no longer slimy and the cubes have the texture of resilient grapes. Allow to cool and serve over plain yogurt.
2. Aloe vera juice
To extract gel (optional) 1 aloe vera leaf to make juice
1 cup fruit juice or lemonade or vegan smoothie (any) sweetener as desired
1 tbsp lemon juice as needed (optional) HOW TO MAKE THE RECIPE
If you pluck a fresh aloe vera leaf from a plant then keep it aside for 1 hour. There is a yellow
liquid that comes from the leaf which is toxic.
Wash aloe vera leaf under running water. Pat dry with a clean cloth.
Cut both the sides with a scissor and then fillet the leaf to 2 in the center. You will have 2 pieces.
Scrape off the white gel to a bowl ensuring there is no yellow or greenish rind in the gel.
This greenish or yellow rind is extremely toxic and is unfit for consumption.
The white gel has to be clear and not with specks of green or yellow rind in it.
Store the clear gel in a dry jar and refrigerate for further use. (read the complete post for details)
Add the gel and I add 2 tsp gel to any fruit juice and blend. Serve immediately as it oxidizes.
3. Aloe vera sabzi
Ingredients 4 aloe vera
1/2 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi) powder 1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
1 cinnamon (dalchini) stick
1 black cardamom (badi elaichi) 1 tsp jaggery (gur)
- tbsp hung curds (chakka dahi) 2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup water salt to taste Method
Peel and cut the aloevera leaves into cubes.
Boil them for 4 minutes with a pinch of salt in enough water, drain and keep aside. Heat the oil in a pan, add the fenugreek seeds, cardamom and cinnamon.
When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, chilli powder, jaggery and salt and mix well.
Add water and put aloevera cubes to it, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes on low flame Add the curd and stir for 1 minute.
Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Serving Suggestions - Serve with Roti, Rice or as a side dish.
4. Aloe vera jelly
- large aloe vera leaves 2 cups (473ml) water
2 tbsp sugar (or maple syrup) INSTRUCTIONS
Wash the aloe vera leaves under cold water. Using a large and sharp knife, cut off the top and
bottom of each leaf and discard. Slice the aloe vera in half, lengthwise, trying to slice it so you have two pieces with an even thickness.
Next, cut off the green skin by running a sharp knife between the aloe vera gel and the skin. Discard the skin and cut the aloe vera gel into 1/2-inch cubes. Repeat with the remaining aloe vera and transfer the cubes to a large bowl. Cover with cold water and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
Drain the aloe vera cubes and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add the 2 cups of water and sugar.
Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl to cool.
Use as a topping for iced teas, lattes, fruit juices, or even smoothies! Aloe very jelly will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
You can use the aloe vera cubes in all of your favorite cold drinks like Iced teas, lattes, iced chocolate, and more to chew
5. Aloe vera sweet recipe = kuvar pak
500 ml full fat milk
½ cup aloe-vera extract (white jelly)
½ cup fresh cream
- tbsp ghee(unsolted butter) 2 tbsp sugar
- tbsp pistachios, blanched & sliced Instructions
Take 500 ml of full fat milk in a thick bottomed pan & start to heat the milk on a low to medium flame, till the milk starts to froth or form a layer of cream/malai on top.
Once a layer of cream is started to form, add aloe-vera extract in milk and stir with spatula.
Keep on simmering the milk, stir it until milk gets reduced to ⅓ or ¼ of its original quantity. milk reduced to white thick cream constituency.
Now add fresh cream and stir it, after some time the milk started to get brown colour. that's time to add sugar. But, don't add row sugar. You need to make sugar syrup.
For making sugar syrup, take anther pan, heat it to slow flame, add sugar into it, add just ¼ cup water. cook till you get one string consistency in the sugar syrup. now add that aole-vera mixture into sugar syrup and mix it well.
Take a plate and grease it with ghee or butter, spread mixture evenly and cut the square pieces. at the end pour 2 -3 tbsp ghee or butter(unsalted) on top of it. put plate into refrigerator for 1 hour, so that upper layer of frozen ghee give it fantastic look.
Separate all square pieces, garnish with sliced pistachios.
6. Aloe vera dessert recipe
Ingredients for Aloe Vera Dessert Recipe
Aloe vera leaves 2 Sugar 1 cup
Cinnamon 2 1 inch stick
Black peppercorns 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder a pinch Vanilla ice cream 2
Chocolate sauce 1 tablespoon Honey 1 tablespoon
Subza seeds as required Method
Cut the base of aloe vera leaves and allow the juice to come out, holding the leaf at an angle of 45° for 2 minutes.
Discard the thorns from the sides of the leaves and peel the green skin. Cut the translucent flesh of the leaves into small cubes.
Heat sufficient water in a non-stick pan. Add cinnamon, peppercorns, aloe vera cubes and turmeric powder. Mix and boil for 4-5 minutes.
Strain aloe vera cubes and refresh in cold water. Step 5
Boil 3 cups water with sugar to make sugar syrup. Add aloe vera and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Switch off heat and let it stand overnight or refrigerate for 15-20 minutes and use immediately.
To serve, transfer aloe vera cubes into a serving bowl. Place scoops of ice cream on top and drizzle chocolate sauce and honey on top. Put subza seeds on top and serve immediately.
7. Raw aloe vera brownies
- cup sunflower seeds
small rectangle tray.
Slice into squares of desired size
¾ cup sultanas
- tbs cacao powder
2 tbs aloe vera gel (see note) Instructions
In a high speed blender, blend the sunflower seeds until fine.
Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until it clumps together in a dough.
Remove from blender and press into a loaf tray or Serve immediately or store in a covered container in the fridge for a few days.
8. Lemon aloe vera dessert
Ingredients (A) 600g Aloe Vera
100g Candied Winter Melon
80g Brown Rock Sugar. But you could substitute with Honey if you want. 5 - 6 Red Dates
600ml water Ingredients (B)
1 Canned Longan
Juices from 2 Lemons. You should be getting about 75ml to 100ml fresh lemon juice.
Some Ice Cubes (Optional) Method:
- Peeling the fresh Aloe Vera can be a hassle if you are not doing it right. Because the body of the Aloe Vera itself is slimy after you skinned it. Wash the Aloe Vera and use fruit peeler to peel off the skin just like this. It will ease your pain of getting the job done. Trust me. Cut into cubes, put them into a big bowl, add some water to wash away the slimy consistency for 2 to 3 times. Drained. Set aside.
- Cut Candied Winter Melon into small cube. Wash Red Dates.
- Set 600ml of water in the pot, add Aloe Vera cubes, Candied Winter Melon, Red Dates & Rock Sugar in it. Bring to a boil. This takes about 8mins. Reduce to low heat, let it simmer for
- After 20mins of boiling, heat off, cover up. Leave the pot there for 1 hour, or 2 hours if you could afford to wait. Let it cool down, and let the aloe vera absorb the sweetness of the Rock Sugar
- While the pot is cooling down, you may now start to squeeze the lemon juices, discard the lemon seeds. Set
- Discard away the rock sugar Yes! You hear me. We don't need the rock sugar water. It has turned thick and slimy by then. Discard it. We only want Aloe Vera, the Candied Winter Melon and the Red Dates. The purpose of boiling them together is to allow the Aloe Vera absorb the sweetness only.
- Pour in a can of longan, lemon juice. Give it a good Chill it in the fridge before serve. Or alternatively, you could add some ice cubes in it if you don't have the patience to wait for your dessert to get chilled in the fridge.
9. Green apple and aloe vera with honey soup
2 green apples
200g - 250g aloe vera (if unable to find/buy fresh ones, use canned) * here, I'm using canned aloe vera.
800ml - 900ml water
- Wash the green apples, cored, cut into small pieces or wedges. (peel or unpeel the apple skin is entirely your preference).
- Pour water into a cooking pot and bring to Add the green apples and aloe vera.
Continue to boil on medium flame for 10 minutes. Off the flame.
- Serves warm. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of honey to the bowl of soup. Add more if you prefer more sweetness.
10. Aloe vera jam
Green apples puree -1/2cup Guvava puree1/2cup Alovera peeled jel -1/2cup
Sugar about -2cups(equal quantity of pulp) Citric acid -1tsp
- Quarter apples, Guavas and cut roughly without Take the pieces in a deep pan with half a cup of water and stew for ten minutes. Once cooked, make a pulp. Sieve to remove the seeds.
- Take puree in a deep pan. Add quantity of sugar and aloovera pulp. cook, stirring continuously, till all the sugar
- When mixture begins to thicken, add citric acid and cook till it thickens to the required consistency.
- To test, put a little on a plate and cool. If it sets it is done. Sterilize bottles in boiling water for half an hour and then dry completely. Fill the jam in t bottles. Let them cool down to room temperature before storing.
- Green color of jam, depends of puree colour,if u want u can add, little edible green food colour.I did not add edible green food colour
11. Carrot soup with cardamon and aloe vera fillet
500 grams carrots
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon parsley (chopped) Preparation steps:
3 teaspoons powdered instant broth sea salt
pepper 2 teaspoons harissa (chili paste) 6 cardamom pods (green) 2 oranges (organic) 1 onion 1 fresh aloe vera leaf
- Cut aloe vera leaf at the bottom. Put in a bowl of water with the cut side down for about 1 Then throw water away.
- Peel onion and finely chop. Peel carrots and slice into thin slices. Sauté together in butter and pour in 3/4 liter (approximately 3 cups) of water, stir in broth and bring to a boil. Crush cardamom pods, remove seeds and mix 3/4 of cardamom seeds with carrots, season with salt, pepper and chile paste and simmer everything for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse orange under hot water, slightlyzest the peel and squeeze the juice. Add the zest with the juice to the soup. Finely puree the soup with a hand blender and season to taste
- Slice aloe leaf about 6-8 cm (approximately 2-3 inch) long, use remaining elsewhere. Remove thorns and halve the filet. As desired, cut the skin thinly, cube the fillet and add to the soup.
- Serve the soup in bowls, sprinkled with remaining cardamom seeds and parsley.
12. Aloe vera smoothie
Ingredients : coconut milk, frozen strawberries, a banana and about 1/4 cup of the gel from the aloe vera plant.
Next, place all the ingredients in a blender, and give it a whirl. You can add coconut milk if it looks too thick or add a sweetener if you’d like.