- It is used for various kinds of disease processes and specially as a nervine tonic.
- It has a Cognition Promoting Effect and was useful in children with memory deficit and in old age people loss of memory.
- It was also found useful in neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's, Huntington's, and Alzeimer's diseases.
- It has anxiolytic effect and improves energy levels and mitochondrial health.
- It is an anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic agent and was found useful in clinical cases of Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis.
- A high concentration full-spectrum Ashwagandha root extract safely and effectively improves an individual's resistance towards stress and thereby improves self-assessed quality of life.
- It's root extract is a natural compound with sleep-inducing potential, well tolerated and improves sleep quality and sleep onset latency in individuals.
Withania somnifera is the most widespread species in the genus. It occurs naturally in drier regions extending from the Mediterranean through tropical Africa through South Africa and from the Canary and Cape Verde Islands to the Middle East and Arabia, Afghanistan, Baluchistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China, Nepal and India. In India, the plant is widely distributed in the drier parts, especially in Punjab, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, West Bengal and Rajasthan.