- Brahmi reduces stress and anxiety as it decreases the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone. and promotes proper function of the heart muscle.
- Brahmi is known to help ease the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease due to the presence of the amyloid compound in the neuron that is responsible for damaging the brain.
- It has a positive effect on the hippocampus part of the brain that is responsible for intelligence, concentration and memory.
- Brahmi is full of antioxidants that are essential for living a healthy life.
- Regular consumption of Brahmi helps in strengthening your immune system.
- Brahma can be a great remedy that provides relief from arthritis, gout and other inflammatory conditions..
- Brahmi is known for regulating the blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes and may help improve symptoms of hypoglycemia.
- Brahmi is good for treating hair problems like dandruff, itchiness and formation of split ends. Moreover, massaging the scalp with Brahmi oil is known to be very soothing.
Brahmi is found in marshy areas near streams and ponds throughout India especially in the North eastern regions. It is found at an elevations from sea level to altitudes of 4,400 feet. It is found in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar, Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Foot hills of Himachal Pradesh &
Uttaranchal. It is also widely grown in the Bandhavgarh National Park in India.
Apart from India, it is also found Nepal, Sri Lanka, China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Florida and other southern states of the USA.