- It inhibits the growth of pancreatic cancer cells. It has the potential of providing therapeutic effects against pancreatic cancer.
- The extract of Chitrak can produce a reversal of kidney damage due to cisplatin.
- It helps prevents cholesterol and LDL accumulation in blood vessels and the liver.
- It contains phytochemicals like saponins, flavonoids, alkaloids, and terpenoid and has antioxidant nature which aids in wound healing.
- The application of root extract could alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.
- It is useful in birth control and the anti fertility action is reversible once the treatment with the extract is discontinued.
Plumbago zeylanica is a perennial under shrub, 1.5–2.0 m tall, with ram- bling branches. Its active growth occurs during rainy season and ceases in post-flowering stage. It is largely cultivated in gardens throughout India. It grows wild in South India, West Bengal, and some parts of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.