- Cinnamon is used to treat diseases like influenza, common cold and cough, etc.
- Its leaves can be used to brush the teeth. It cleans the teeth and the they become brighter and whiter.
- It helps to treat toothache, hair fall, bad breath, acne and black heads, etc.
- It helps in relieving arthritis pain.
- It helps in the treatment of loss of taste, impaired or weak digestion, insomnia and improves the memory.
Cinnamomum zeylanicum is native to Sri Lanka, the neighbouring Malabar Coast of India, and Myanmar (Burma) and is also cultivated in South America and the West Indies. In India it is commercially cultivated in the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. It is also naturally seen in the forests of the Western Ghats.