- It is prescribed for the treatment of: - indigestion, - vomiting, - biliousness, - abdominal pains, - halitosis - rectal diseases.
- Beneficial as an aphrodisiac and in fainting, insanity and flatulence.
- Promotes elimination of bile, and is useful in liver affections such as congestion of the liver, especially where abscess threatens.
- It is also useful in neuralgia.
- It is an expectorant, astringent and a stimulant.
India is the largest producer, consumer and exporter of turmeric in the world. The important turmeric growing States in India are, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Maharastra, Assam, Kerala, Karnataka and West Bengal.