- Guggul is praised for its anti-inflammatory properties. Preliminary research suggests it may help treat certain anti-inflammatory conditions, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and arthritis.
- It has also been used to promote weight loss, treat hypothyroidism, and manage cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- It has been shown to be effective in both complementary and alternative treatments for nodulocystic acne, a severe form of acne affecting the face, chest, and back.
- It’s extracts improve hypothyroidism by increasing iodine uptake and improving the activity of enzymes produced by thyroid gland.
- It is often claimed to help treat obesity by promoting fat loss and suppressing appetite.
Commiphora wightii is commonly known as guggul tree and is found in arid areas of India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. In India, it is found in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, and Karnataka