- It contains curcumin (with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties). Curcumin can suppress many molecules known to play major roles in inflammation.
- Curcumin neutralizes free radicals on its own but also stimulates your body's own antioxidant enzymes.
- Curcumin boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons.
- It improves the function of the endothelium and is a potent anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
- Curcumin leads to several changes on the molecular level that may help prevent and perhaps even treat cancer.
- Curcumin leads to various improvements in the pathological process of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Curcumin can help treat symptoms of arthritis and is in some cases more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Due to its many positive health effects, curcumin may aid longevity.
India is the largest producer, consumer and exporter of turmeric in the world. The important turmeric growing States in India are, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Maharastra, Assam, Kerala, Karnataka and West Bengal.