- It helps prevent aging and impart longevity, immunity and body resistance against diseases.
- It helps in curing swellings, skin and eye diseases.
- It can be used as home remedy against fever, cough, asthma and urinary disease.
- It prevents haemorrhage,chronic ulcers, wounds and scalds.
- It act as purgative, increases appetite, improves eyesight, rejuvenates and Improves skin complexion.
- It also purifies breast milk.
- It helps alleviate constipation.
- It improves intellect and increases longevity.
- It helps in the prevention of cancer, piles, diabetes, urinary tract infections, and ascites.
Terminalia chebula is found throughout South and Southeast Asia including in India, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and Thailand.
In India, it is found in the Sub Himalayan region from Ravi eastwards to West Bengal and Assam, ascending up to the altitude of 1,500 m (4,900 ft) in the Himalayas. This tree is wild in forests of Northern India, central provinces and Bengal, common in Madras, Mysore and in the southern part of the Bombay presidency.