- Jamun helps as astringent in action and has alleviated Kapha/pitta reducing property.
- It is loaded with antioxidants and flavonoids essential for a healthy body and mind.
- It supports healthy digestive functions, is an excellent home remedy for stomach bloatedness and irritation in the intestinal layers.
- Loaded with vitamin C and iron, Jamun increases hemoglobin. With the increased hemoglobin, your blood will carry more oxygen to the organs and keep you healthy. The iron present in the fruit also purifies your blood.
- It is beneficial for your gums and teeth. The leaves of the black plum have antibacterial properties and can be used to prevent bleeding of gums.
- It can cure the symptoms of diabetes including excess urination and thirst.
- The fruit is also rich in several minerals and vitamin C and A.
Eugenia jambolana is found growing throughout the Asian subcontinent, Eastern Africa, South America, Madagascar and have also naturalized to Florida and Hawaii in the United States of America. In India Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Assam and Rajasthan are major Jamun growing states.