- Jyotishmati (Intellect Tree) has been described by users as a brain tonic.
- It produces a light, refreshing burst of mental energy within a short while of consumption. It creates the feeling of fluid, alert thoughts, and heightened concentration.
- It can be taken as a potent and effective stimulant which makes detail oriented tasks easier to focus upon and complete.
- The plant is used to both sharpen mental focus and relax the nerves.
- The oil extracted from its seeds is used as a traditional medicine in Indian Unani and Ayurvedic medicine.
Celastrus paniculatus is mentioned in Ayurveda as ‘Tree of life’. It is found in all over India especially in Himalaya mountains, Punjab, Kashmir, Bihar, Karnataka(Western Ghats) and all hilly area at the altitude of 3000m. It also found in Shrilanka, Maldives and Philippines.