- It is a rich source of minerals like manganese, copper, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium source, and vitamins like riboflavin, vitamin C, K, and B6. It has a high content of dietary fiber and has a moderate amount of protein and carbohydrates too.
- It aids in weight loss, and treats sinus, asthma, and nasal congestion. It also reduces the risk of cancer, and heart and liver ailments.
- It increases the hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, thereby facilitating digestion.
- The outer layer of peppercorn assists in thebreakdownof fat cells. Therefore, peppery foods are a good way to help you shed weight naturally.
- Pepper helps to cure vitiligo, which is a skin disease that causes some areas of skin to lose its normal pigmentation and turn white.
- It has an expectorant property that helps break up the mucus and phlegm depositions in the respiratory tract.
- It has antioxidant and anti bacterial properties, enhances bioavailability and improves cognitive functions.
The Black pepper is the fruit of the plant Piper nigrum (P.nigrum) from the Pipperceae family. Black pepper is found largely and is cultivated in Western Ghats of Kerala (Southern India) and Sarawak state in Malaysia.