- Gastric ulcers can easily be treated by fenugreek seeds.
- The seed oil acts as an emollient and makes skin smoother and soft.
- The cleansing action of fenugreek makes it a valuable plant as it helps purify blood, cleaning lymphatic system, and detoxify the body.
- The seeds are useful in treating heart disease. They are aphrodisiac and used as a galactogogue promoting lactation.
- The seeds are used to treat cervical cancer and for kidney problems.
- The aerial parts of plant are used to treat abdominal cramps during diarrhoea.
- It is found to have many pharmacological properties such as anti diabetic, anticarcinogenic, antioxidant, anti inflammatory, and hypocholesterolemic
Trigonella foenum-graecum (fenugreek) is a self-pollinating plant. Species of Trigonella are widely distributed throughout the world. It is a native of South Eastern Europe and West Asia, now cultivated in India, Argentina, Egypt and Mediterranean countries (Southern France, Morocco and Lebanon). In India it is grown extensively in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Punjab.