- Mastic gum and leaf infusions are good for the prevention of digestive problems.
- They are useful for bronchitis and teeth sanitation.
- They are useful against jaundice, bed-wetting, and headaches caused by colds.
- It has anthelmintic and anticoccidial, antioxidant, hepato-protective, and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Mastic oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties, and as such is widely used in the preparation of ointments for skin disorders and afflictions. It is also used in the manufacture of plasters.
Pistacia lentiscus is native throughout the Mediterranean region, from Morocco and the Iberian peninsula in the west through southern France and Turkey to Iraq and Iran in the east. It is also native to the Canary Islands.