- Neem seed extract contains azadirachtin, an active compound that may fight parasites that affect hair and skin, such as lice. Azadirachtin works by disrupting parasite growth and interfering with reproduction and other cellular processes.
- Neem’s antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-boosting properties may promote oral health. It helps relieve pain and help treat gingivitis, periodontitis, and tooth decay.
- It’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties may help fight oxidative stress, which may in turn promote liver and kidney health.
- Neem seed oil is rich in fatty acids, including oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linoleic acids. Collectively, these fatty acids have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties that promote healthy skin.
- It has anti ulcer and wound healing properties.
Azadirachta indica belongs to the family Meliaceae which is found in abundance in tropical and semitropical regions like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Nepal. In India, it occurs throughout the larger parts of the country in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Orissa, Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.