- It is an insecticidal and insect-repellant.
- Both the root and fruit part of the plant possess antiamoebic activity approximately to the same extent.
- Pippali is commonly used to treat a wide range of disorders from coughs, colds, and congestion to digestive issues, reproductive issues, and even mental imbalances.
- Pippali is a safe and effective option for most digestive disorders, even when Pitta (fire/heat) is increased in the body.
- It treats menstrual disorders such as amenorrhea and dysmenorrhea.
- It is rejuvenative (especially for the lungs) treats cough, asthma, and hiccups and is useful in respiratory infections and disorders.
Piper longum commonly known as “long pepper” , is widely distributed in the tropical and subtropical regions of the world, throughout the Indian subcontinent, Sri Lanka, Middle Eastern countries and America.