- It has direct, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and many properties which make it effective in the kidney disease. It rejuvenates the kidney cells and helps to balance the body fluids by eliminating the waste from the body.
- Due to its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antispasmodic properties this herb is effective in urinary tract infection.
- Punar Nava possesses hepato-protective property. It stimulates the bile secretion which helps to keep the liver healthy and improves the function of liver. Hence, it is effective in the jaundice, ascites and other liver diseases.
- It provides relief from the joint pain and inflammation of the muscles. Thus, it helps to treat arthritis.
- It also helps to control the glucose levels and increase the plasma insulin levels in the body.
Boerhavia diffusa Occurs throughout India. It is also found in Australia, Sudan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Brazil and the Southern United States. In India, it is an indigenous herb found in the himalayan region up to an altitude of 2000 m in the more temperature parts of the country.