- Its been used as a traditional medicine in India for a long time for its antispasmodic, anti asthmatic and cardiac tonic properties.
- It is used aa an expectorant and resolvent indurations.
- In a recent study it prevented the depletion of myocardial antioxidants and restored cardiac functions.
- Pushkarmool is a respiratory support that smoothens the irritated bronchial tree.
- The alcoholic extract of the root of Inula racemosa is also protected against bronchi spasms induced by histamines, pollen, etc.
- It has anti-inflammatory, anti-helmintic, anti-spasmogeic activity, ronchodilator properties.
- It works as cardio tonic and cures cardiac pain , works on weak heart & improves cardiac debility, heart rhythm.
- It prevents angina episodes, controls cholesterol level.
Inula racemosa is distributed at temperate and alpine western Himalayas at an altitude of 5000 to 14000 ft. from Kashmir to kumaon, Afghanistan to Nepal. It also found wild among strong alpine scrub vegetation in cold Laddakh (Leh) region of Kashmi.