- The extracts from different parts of the plant have substantial anti-bacterial and anti- fungal activities.
- Rose petals and rose hips contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E and K, folic acid, potassium, Calcium, Iron, tannin and wide range of enzymes.
- Rose flowers increase bile production, and are anti-depressant, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, astringent and antiseptic.
- They are also mild laxative, a good supportive tonic for the heart, and useful for lowering cholesterol.
- The extract of the rose petals is used as eye drops or eye wash in burning sensation of the eyes.
- It is used in the treatment of diarrhoea, asthma, leukoderma and inflammation of mouth. Creams from the essential oil of rose are used to treat dry skin
Rosa is native of Asia, North America and North Western Africa, and mentioned in the ancient medical text of China, India, Iran, Egypt, Greece and Italy. In India it is grown in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Haryana, Gujarat, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.