- It cures baldness, promotes hair growth, heal bruises and skin wounds.
- It is used in the treatment of paralysis, improves memory, treats depression and headaches.
- It is rich in antioxidant, carnosol (one of the components in rosemary), and is also known for its anti-cancer & anti inflamatory properties.
- It helps detox the liver and gallbladder, and enhance their function.
- It lowers cortisol levels to protect the body from oxidative stress.
- Rosemary has antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antithrombotic, antinociceptive, antidepressant, antiulcerogenic, and antioxidant activities.
- It’s extract reduces number, diameter, weight, and incidence of tumors and increases activity similar to indomethacin.
Rosmarinus officinalis is the native of Mediterranean region and is cultivated in Europe and California in US. It is also grown in Algeria, China, Middle East, Morocco, Russia, Romania, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey, and to a limited extent in India. In India it is found in Talavadi Hills in Erode district of Tamil Nadu.