- It’s root extract include antiulcer, antioxidant, and antidiarrhoeal, antidiabetic and immunomodulatory activities.
- It is used in nervous disorders, dyspepsia, tumors, inflammation, neuropathy, hepatopathy.
- It is a well known Ayurvedic rasayana which prevent ageing, increase longevity, impart immunity, improves mental function, vigor and addvitality to the body.
- This plant also gives relief against ulcer and its symptoms.
- It has a strong rejuvenating, nurturing and stabilizing effect on excessive air, gas, dryness and agitation in body and mind.
Asparagus racemosus is common throughout Sri Lanka, India and the Himalayas. Within India, it is found growing wild in tropical and sub-tropical parts of India including the Andamans; and ascending in the Himalayas up to an altitude of 1500 m.