- It is a coolant herb with a pungent taste but has a very effective action in relieving bowling sensation and raised Pitta in the body.
- it’s been found to be very effective in treating blood disorders and bleeding conditions. This herb is a great blood purifier as well.
- Another special action of this herb is it controlling vomiting and fever.
- It is also a heart tonic and good for overall cardiac health.
- It helps with the better functioning of the respiratory system. Problems like chronic bronchitis, common cold and cough, etc are effectively managed by this plant.
- Being an expectorant this herb expels out all the phlegm accumulated in the lungs and helps to treat cough and asthma. This herb is very beneficial in the early stages of tuberculosis.
It is a very common herbaceous plant in India that grows in most parts of the Indian subcontinent. This herb is also distributed throughout Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia and China, as well and Panama.