ROSA CENTIFOLIAELETTARIA (Cabbage Rose)
- The roots are useful in intestinal ulcers, rickets, hemorrhages and diarrhea and also astringent in nature.
- The leaves are used in treating wounds, ophthalmia, hepatopathy and haemorrhoids.
- The flowers has cooling emollient aromatic, cardio tonic, anti- inflammatory, expectorant, aphrodisiac, depurative, febrifuge, intellect-promoting styptic, digestive, carminative, rejuvenating and tonic properties. It is also useful in asthma, high blood pressure, bronchitis, diarrhea, dysmenorrheal, cough, fever, fluid retention, insomnia, palpitation, and stress and urinary tract infections.
- Tea made from petals used as- blood purifier, vertigo, and headache.
- Mild sedative, local anesthetics, laxatives, liver protectors, antidepressant, cardio-active.
- Rose petals are rejuvenating & prove to be a tonic.
- Due to small and pleasant fragrance rose petals are used for making essential oils and perfumes.
- Used as antioxidant, & antitussive.
- It inhibits vasoconstriction.
- It shows potent antibacterial activity.
Rosa centifolia is native to Persia And commercially planted in Bulgaria, Italy, Spain, France etc. In India it is extensively cultivated in Kashmir, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.