- Ajmoda is very well-known in the form of a drug used for curing respiratory and digestive diseases, gout and rheumatism.
- For external use, the poultice that is made using the seeds of Ajmoda in warm water can help in relieving joint pain.
- It helps in relieving gouty arthritis, rheumatoid, osteoarthritis and non-specific arthritis.
- It is also helpful when it comes to treating bronchitis, asthma and cough.
- Ajmoda can be used for curing gas, bloating, indigestion and colic. It is intestinally antiseptic and offers great relief in intestinal parasites, cramps and flatulence.
- It stimulates the digestive procedure and helps in the digestion of foods that cannot be digested very easily.
- It promotes the downward flow of air and dilates the pathway of the lungs by preventing spasm.
- It helps in the detoxification of the body and is an effective remedy for inflammation and pain
Apium leptophyllum is globally found in Afghanistan, Europe, West Asia, and North Africa. In India, it is distributed in the hills of Punjab and foot hills of the Northwest Himalayas, cultivated in sub-himalayan regions and outlying hills.