- Ajowain provides relief against stomachache and cold.
- It helps with treating asthma, diabetes, cholera, kidney stones gas and flatulence.
- It provides relief against acidity and hyperacidity.
- It helps treating tooth ache and ear ache
- It is used for cleaning the wounds.
- It is used to stop grey hair.
- It helps with the treatment of alcohol addiction.
- It helps in the weight loss.
Trachyspermum ammi commonly known as ‘Ajwain’ is distributed throughout India and is mostly cultivated in Gujarat and Rajasthan. Other than this it is also cultivated in Madhyapardesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar and West Bengal.