- Gokshura is used as an aphrodisiac as it has shown to enhance sexual behaviour and treat various sexual disorders.
- It is also used diuretic and nervine in tonic.
- It may be used internally and externally to treat herpes, and virus infections such as influenza and the common cold.
- It helps in the stimulation of hormone production to a balanced level, without over stimulating the secretion of hormones.
- It is used in traditional medicine for relieving rheumatic pain and as an analgesic plant.
Tribulus terrestris is a procumbent herb which is found throughout India as a common weed in dry, waste lands during rainy season, particulary in sandy soils of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, UP, MP etc.