- It is used in the treatment of anxiety, fungal infections, hair loss, and wounds.
- It helps in treating anxiety, insomnia, depression, and restlessness.
- It is believed to have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to heal minor burns and bug bites.
- It helpsin digestive issues such as vomiting, nausea, intestinal gas, upset stomach, and abdominal swelling.
- It is used to help relieve pain from headaches, sprains, toothaches, and sores.
Lavandula angustifolia is native to the Old World and is found in Cape Verde and the Canary Islands, and from Europe across to northern and eastern Africa, the Mediterranean, southwest Asia to India. In India, the lavender crop is cultivated in low rainfall regions and on the slopes of hills of Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. It is also successfully grown in the Kashmir valley region.