- It has a very soothing and cooling. It calms and pacifies all sorts of inflammations. It provides relief from inflammations in circulatory system and nervous system.
- Due to its anti bacterial properties it efficiently stops the growth of Staphylococcus Aureus, the bacteria responsible for causing septic, and eliminates them, thereby helping cure septic and giving protection against it.
- It is a good remedy for most of the sexual disorders like frigidity, lack of libido, impotence etc.
- This is also useful for the post delivery stretch marks, fat cracks, after spots left by pox, burns etc. It promotes growth of new tissues in the affected areas, on skin, which replace the dead and discoloured tissues and helps achieve a uniform look.
- It also heals the damages done to the nerves by shock, fear, stress etc. Further, it helps get rid of nervous disorders, afflictions, epileptic and hysteric attacks, nervous and neurotic disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease, lack of control over limbs etc.
In the India the Vetiveria zizanioides plant is known as the “Khus” or “Khus-khus”. Its cultivation is largely scattered over small holdings in Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh and to a lesser extent in Uttar Pradesh. It is also cultivated in other countries like Indonesia, Pakistan, Senegal, Sri Lanka Brazil and Haiti.