MENTHA PIPERITA (Peppermint)
- Peppermint helps relieve digestive symptoms, such as gas, bloating, and indigestion.
- It acts as a muscle relaxant and pain reliever, it may diminish certain types of headaches.
- In addition to its pleasant smell, peppermint has antibacterial properties that help kill germs that cause dental plaque, which may improve your breath.
- Peppermint has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this, it helps alleviate clogged sinuses due to infections, the common cold, and allergies.
- It improves energy levels and reduces fatigue.
- It improves your ability to concentrate and focus.
- Peppermint contains rosmarinic acid which is linked to reduced symptoms of allergic reactions, such as runny nose, itchy eyes, and asthma.
It is native to Europe and Asia. In India, it is largely confined to north India in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana