Useful properties:#vitamin C #immunity booster #skin rejuvenation #weight loss #oral hygiene #collagen synthesis
- Cold relief - Chest conjunction - Stimulate lymph drainage - Rejuvenate dull skin - Anti inflammatory - Lymphatics drainage
- Add few drops in the diffuser - Add two drops in steam or bath water - Add few drops in base oil or cream - Add to rose water for face mist - Few drops in a spray bottle with water as a bug repellent–
Traditionally has also been taken as a drop in warm water or green tea.
Lemon is one of the most popular and versatile citrus fruit. Its popularity is owed to its refreshing flavour and scent making it a popular choice for flavouring many recipes and perfumes. They are a good source of vitamin C and of flavonoids, which are thought to boost health and wellbeing in several ways. A research study performed mice confirmed that polyphenols present in it suppress body weight gain and body fat accumulation  boost in immunity when consumed in right amounts , , . Lemon helps in reversing the ageing ill effects on the skin caused by sun exposure by stimulating collagen synthesis , . It has exhibited in efficacy in maintaining oral hygiene , .
Reference of Research papers:
1.Fukuchi, Y., Hiramitsu, M., Okada, M., Hayashi, S., Nabeno, Y., Osawa, T., & Naito, M. (2008). Lemon Polyphenols Suppress Diet-induced Obesity by Up-Regulation of mRNA Levels of the Enzymes Involved in β-Oxidation in Mouse White Adipose Tissue. Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, 43(3), 201–209. http://doi.org/10.3164/jcbn.2008066
2. Ben Hsouna, A., Ben Halima, N., Smaoui, S., & Hamdi, N. (2017). Citrus lemonessential oil: chemical composition, antioxidant and antimicrobial activities with its preservative effect against Listeria monocytogenes inoculated in minced beef meat. Lipids in Health and Disease, 16, 146. http://doi.org/10.1186/s12944-017-0487-5
3. Gucwa K, Milewski S, Dymerski T, Szweda P. Investigation of the Antifungal Activity and Mode of Action of Thymus vulgaris, Citrus limonum, Pelargonium graveolens, Cinnamomum cassia, Ocimum basilicum, and Eugenia caryophyllus Essential Oils. Molecules. 2018 May 8;23(5). pii: E1116. doi: 10.3390/molecules23051116. PubMed PMID: 29738503.
4. Grassmann J, Schneider D, Weiser D, Elstner EF. Antioxidative effects of lemon oil and its components on copper induced oxidation of low density lipoprotein. Arzneimittelforschung. 2001 Oct;51(10):799-805. PubMed PMID: 11715632.
5. Calabrese V, Scapagnini G, Randazzo SD, Randazzo G, Catalano C, Geraci G, Morganti P. Oxidative stress and antioxidants at skin biosurface: a novel antioxidant from lemon oil capable of inhibiting oxidative damage to the skin. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 1999;25(6):281-7. PubMed PMID: 10713866.
6. Calabrese V, Randazzo SD, Catalano C, Rizza V. Biochemical studies on a novel antioxidant from lemon oil and its biotechnological application in cosmetic dermatology. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 1999;25(5):219-25. PubMed PMID: 10568210.
7. Manconi M, Manca ML, Caddeo C, Sarais G, Palmieri A, D'Hallewin G, Fadda AM. Citrus limon Extract Loaded in Vesicular Systems for the Protection of Oral Cavity. Medicines (Basel). 2018 Oct 14;5(4). pii: E108. doi: 10.3390/medicines5040108. PubMed PMID: 30322189.
8. Cirmi S, Navarra M, Woodside JV, Cantwell MM. Citrus fruits intake and oral cancer risk: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Pharmacol Res. 2018 Jul;133:187-194. doi: 10.1016/j.phrs.2018.05.008. Epub 2018 May 16. Review. PubMed PMID: 29753688.
100% Lemon Essential Oil